More Stuff to Check out

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Describing brown eyes using nature...

When using nature to describe the color of your lover's eyes~ 

Many songs have romantic lyrics describing the color of their lover's eyes. Commonly using nature as an analog for blue eyes, green eyes, and sometime hazel eyes. 
As I was listening to some unknown singer and song his lyrics of blue eyes caught my attention. 'Eyes as blue as the ocean.' Another song happened to come on a bit later describing his lover eyes as blue as sky. 
The sea of the Caribbeans
I thought to myself, that is a wonderful line describing blue eyes, which lead to a question: what in nature would describe brown eyes romantically? I could not think of anything that was romantic...that did not pertain to food (like Espresso, Chocolate, honey, Devil's chocolate cake, etc) 

 Beautiful brown eyes like the dirt of the lush Amazon forest....(cringes)
 Dark rich soil like the color of my lover's eyes... (Had to chuckle)
 Muddy water...a cavern...wet sand, dirt of trails...bark of tree, some brown rock?

            
~~~~~~~~~~

My best friend's best description were "dirt with fresh rain" or "smoldering poop." We had a good round of chuckles as we racked our brains on describing our own brown eyes. These were the finalists of describing our brown eyes using nature: mahogany wood, cherry wood, bark of a tree, obsidian, and deep brown amber. After awhile, I went to my husband and asked him to describe my eyes using something from nature.

He paused as he contemplated. Looking deep into my eyes, he gently smiled and softly replied, "Like the bark of a willow tree." He paused again, and smiled, "Your eyes remind of cinnamon." I had to tell the the butterflies in my stomach to stop fluttering. His deliverance and effort definitely earned him big brownie points.

"Eyes like the bark of the willow tree"
description by my husband. 
Not the bark of willow tree...but bark of a Madrone tree.
Pretty close description (photo was done by me)
 My husband has proven, that even though the words does not emit romance the deliverance is what matters. 

Here is my attempt to at describing brown eyes.

'Brown eyes are soulful and deep always filled with mystery and wisdom. They resemble the warmth of the sun, the rich dark soils fertile with life, and irresistible like a bear drawn to honey."

So all in all...I am not great at describing eye colors poetically especially brown eyes. And I feel like what nature lacks in romanticizing brown eyes; desserts and drinks has it covered-Espresso, whiskey, stout beer, chocolate, coffee, etc. 

Here is a link, that describes brown eyes beautifully: Brown Eyes Quotes- DescriptionAri

And if you are looking to find a way to describe your lover's eyes--look deep in there eyes and just say the first thing that comes out of your mouth with sincerity and love. Or just look at a thesaurus and keep a few stockpiled just in case they ask--Thesaurus- Brown  ;P



Cheers! 






1 comment: